Marksman guide Acension

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marksman guide Acension

Post  Joncwl on Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 am

1st Job

Arrow Blow Max Damage Build (Recommended)

1 Arrow Blow
Max Archer Mastery
Max Arrow Blow
Max Critical Shot
11 Double Shot

10: 1 AB (1)
11-15: 3 Archer Mastery (MAX)
16-19: 3 AB (13)
20: 2 AB (MAX), 1 Crit (1)
21-26: 3 Crit (19)
27: 1 Crit (MAX), 2 DS (2)
28-30: 3 DS (11)

This build is technically the most damage efficient, but can be slightly costly with MP. Considering monsters drop MP potions pretty frequently it doesn't matter as much if you grind straight to 30 like most people, since you should be leveling really fast anyways.

Arrow Blow MP Saver Build

1 Arrow Blow
Max Archer Mastery
Max Critical Shot
Max Arrow Blow
11 Double Shot

This build allows for good mobbing damage while not using as much MP in the lower levels by focusing on passives first. Double Shot is, frankly, a waste of points since mobbing is the only decent way to train at early levels these days. MP potions drop commonly from monsters, but some new players might want to focus on quests or other forms of leveling that might not net them as many potions.

Extra Notes
Double shot is a waste of SP in first job since Arrow Blow has comparable damage and 1v1 skills are borderline useless until 3rd or even 4th job. If you choose to max DS over AB anyways, I would still HIGHLY recommend saving Double Shot until last since AB is the best training skill available for Archers.

^2nd Job

Balanced Build (Recommended)

1 Iron Arrow
5 Crossbow Mastery
5 Booster
2 Soul Arrow
1 Booster (6)
Max Mastery
Max Iron Arrow
Max Physical Training
Max Double Jump
Max Final Attack
Max Soul Arrow/Booster (try to keep them around even durations for macro)
11 Golden Eagle

30: 1 IA (1)
31: 3 Mastery (3)
32: 2 Mastery (5), 1 Booster (1)
33: 3 Booster (4)
34: 2 Booster (6), 1 SA (1)
35: 1 SA (2), 2 Mastery (7) Macro SA and Booster
36-39: 3 Mastery (19)
40: 1 Mastery (MAX), 2 IA (3)
41-45: 3 IA (18)
46: 2 IA (MAX), 1 Phys (1)
47-49: 3 Phys (MAX)
50-52: 3 DJ (9)
53: 1 DJ (MAX), 2 FA (2)
54-59: 3 FA (MAX)
60-66: 2 Booster (MAX), 1 SA (9) You can distribute these how you want, but try and keep them near each other in duration.
67: 1 SA (MAX), 2 GE (2)
68-70: 2 GE (11)

Although not the best damage build, I personally like this build. 1 point in IA allows you to actually train like a crossbowman instead of an overleveled archer. 5 Mastery is gotten to allow for booster, followed up by 6 booster and 2 SA for the timer synchronization. Mastery is technically the most important skill for 2nd jobbers and is top priority after the buffs (NOTE: Mastery can also be maxed before getting the buffs). IA is maxed for improved damage followed by Phys Training for range improvement and strength for weapons. Double Jump is pretty suckish and drains MP until it is maxed, so this build saves it until core skills are finished. Most second job training spots until level 50ish don't make full use of it anyways (e.g. CDs is flat enough that you don't need it but it helps at Jesters/Scarecrows). Final Attack is next for slight damage improvement and buffs are maxed because Eagle is kind of useless. Since you are mobbing with your awesome crossbow-mobbing powers, a fairly weak, 1 enemy attack probably won't help you much and might even unnecessarily aggro something.

Strengthless Build

1 Iron Arrow
Max Physical Training
5 Mastery
6 Booster
2 Soul Arrow
Max Mastery
Max Iron Arrow
Max Double Jump
Max Final Attack
Max Soul Arrow/Booster
11 Golden Eagle

This build is similar to my recommended build but rushes Training for those who are going strless but need strength for new crossbows. See the notes above about buffs.

Mobility Build

1 Iron Arrow
5 Mastery
6 Booster
2 Soul Arrow
Max Mastery
Max Double Jump
Max Physical Training
Max Iron Arrow
Max Final Attack
Max Soul Arrow/Booster
11 Golden Eagle

This is for people who want mobility over damage. Mastery and buffs are essential and should come before Double Jump.

Damage Build

1 Iron Arrow
5 Mastery
6 Booster
Max Mastery
Max Iron Arrow
Max Physical Training
2 Soul Arrow
Max Final Attack
Max Double Jump
Max Soul Arrow/Booster
11 Golden Eagle

Soul Arrow and Double Jump are pushed until later, so you need arrows until a much later level to use this build.

The Bird is the Word Build

1 Iron Arrow
5 Mastery
6 Booster
2 Soul Arrow
Max Mastery
15 Iron Arrow (16)
Max Physical Training
Max Double Jump
Max Golden Eagle
Max Final Attack
Max Soul Arrow/Booster

This is a decent build that prefers Golden Eagle, so Iron Arrow is the only skill that can be sacrificed since the others are useful forever. It is possible to fit in Eagle anywhere but I still recommend getting the important skills first.

Extra Notes
Personally, I feel that Eagle is the worst skill of the lot. While your preference to max Eagle or Iron Arrow won't matter by 75 or so, Iron Arrow is a much greater improvement for training and 11 Eagle is still serviceable until you get Frostprey. Feel free to modify this as you wish, but remember that Mastery is essential, Double Jump is bad until maxed, and Eagle should NEVER have more than 1 point in it early on (only do this if you love summons or something like that).

^3rd Job

3rd Job

3rd Job is where we crossbow-users really hit our stride and get some of our trademark skills. This section in my build uses tier systems for skills instead of straight builds just because of how many viable options there are for 3rd job. The Tier system is meant to stress the relative importance of skills and help players make informed build decisions based on their own styles.

Balanced (Recommended)

1 Blizzard
1 Frostprey Not necessary, but helpful. Put this point in at your discretion.
5 Mortal Blow
Max Arrow Eruption
Max Concentrate
Max Blizzard
Max Frostprey
16 Dragon's Breath
Max Strafe
Max Evasion Boost
Max Puppet
10 Mortal Blow

70: 1 Bliz
71: 1 FP (1), 2 MB (2)
72: 3 MB (5)
73-78: 3 AE (18)
79: 2 AE (MAX), 1 Conc (1)
80-85: 3 Conc (19)
86: 1 Conc (MAX), 2 Bliz (3)
87-91: 3 Bliz (18)
92: 2 Bliz (MAX), 1 FP (2)
93-98: 3 FP (MAX)
99-103: 3 DB (15)
104: 1 DB (16), 2 Strafe (2)
105-110: 3 Strafe (MAX)
111-113: 3 EB (9)
114: 1 EB (MAX), 2 Puppet (1)
115-118: 3 Puppet (14)
119: 1 Puppet (MAX), 2 MB (7)
120: 3 MB (10)

3rd job is a bit of an oddity. There are some really good interchangeable skills and some really useless interchangeable skills. 1 Blizzard is gotten first for the freeze and pretty good damage, and 1 Frostprey can be added next. While this isn't a necessity, I still recommend it since Frostprey solves the problems of Golden Eagle by always freezing and mobbing enemies (which makes aggroing the wrong enemy or not helping mob training a non-issue.) Once you get the prerequisite Mortal Blow and max AE, I suggest you max Concentrate since you shouldn't need Blizzard for damage-dealing that much. Blizzard is after Concentrate because either way, Blizzard's freeze and damage are better than any of your other skills that haven't been maxed yet. Frostprey at max lasts a while and does good damage, while Dragon's Breath at 16 hits the full 6 enemies. Once you've gotten all your useful 3rd job skills (Strafe in 3rd is not that good, but obviously US is great) then you should max Strafe, Evasion Boost, and Puppet. Mortal Blow is pretty useless, it's a point dump.

3rd Job Skill Tier List

There are many possible choices for 3rd job builds (even more so for 4th), so I chose when writing this to focus on each skill individually instead of writing insane numbers of builds. This build list will show how to allocate points, and EVERY skill in a tier should be at the designated point value (Max except for Dragon's Breath and Mortal Blow) before moving on to the next one.

Tier 1 Skills
Arrow Eruption (+5 Mortal Blow prerequisite)
Blizzard
Concentrate
Maxing these three skills is of utmost importance, they will make training much better for you. Although Concentrate is a 1st tier skill, at least one of the attacks should ALWAYS be maxed first.

1 Bliz
(1 Frostprey Optional)
Max AE or Bliz
Max Conc or Other Attack Skill
Max final Tier 1 Skill

Tier 2 Skills
Frostprey
Dragon's Breath
Getting both of these skills is a good idea after the essentials. Dragon's Breath is most useful if you need to push enemies, which shouldn't happen unless you Monster Park a lot. Frostprey is more useful in solo or map-share training.

Max Frostprey or 16 Dragon's Breath
16 Dragon's Breath or Max Frostprey

Tier 3 Skills
Strafe
Evasion Boost
I recommend Strafe first because it is useful at LHC, and it will be maxed at 110 exactly if you max it before Evasion Boost.

Max Strafe or EB
Max EB or Strafe

Tier 4
Puppet
More useful that Mortal Blow, especially at LHC.

Max Puppet

Tier 5
Mortal Blow
Barely useful in normal training since it only applies to monsters below 15% hp EVEN at max, and completely useless at LHC.

10 Mortal Blow

^4th Job

4th Job

First, congratulations on becoming a Marksman! This is the final step on your road to 200, and it will probably be a long one so enjoy the ride! Our fourth job has many awesome skills and defines who we are. There are many, many build options depending on your playing style and mastery book availability. I feel that a comprehensive guide to each skill will allow you to find what you need for how you play, and help you build accordingly.

This first build focuses on mobbing and training instead of 1v1 bossing. This build shines at party play areas, PQs, or normal training maps where you are actively attacking. If mastery books are an issue (they're really cheap, so they shouldn't be too hard to come across), most of the skills are useful enough that putting 10 points in them early won't hurt you too much (Exceptions: MW, Illusion Step, Elite Puppet, Hero's Will).

Training Build
1 Ultimate Strafe
1 Piercing Arrow
1 Marksman Boost
1 Spirit Link
1 Elite Puppet
1 Snipe
1 Marksmanship
Max Ultimate Strafe
Max or 21 Pierce
10 Sharp Eyes
Max Marksman Boost
(Max Pierce if you haven't)
Max Marksmanship
Max Sharp Eyes
Max Spirit Link
Max Snipe
1 Hero's Will: Put this in at any time, for example if your guild invites you to czak runs at 140ish then by all means put one point here early. This is an incredibly situational skill but can be your most useful skill in dire situations when seduced.
Max Elite Puppet
29 Maple Warrior
28 Illusion Step

120: 1 US (1), 1 PA (1), 1 MMB (1)
121: 1 SL (1), 1 EP (1), 1 Snipe (1)
122: 1 MMS (1), 2 US (3)
123-124: 3 US (9)
125: 1 US (MAX), 2 PA (3)
126-134: 3 PA (MAX)
135-137: 3 SE (9)
138: 1 SE (10), 2 MMB (3)
139-147: 3 MMB (MAX)
148-150: 3 MMS (MAX)
151-156: 3 SE (28)
157: 2 SE (MAX), 1 SL (2)
158-166: 3 SL (29)
167: 1 SL (MAX), 2 Snipe (3)
168-176: 3 Snipe (MAX)
177: 1 HW (1), 2 EP (3)
178-181: 3 EP (MAX)
182-190: 3 MW (27)
191: 2 MW (29), 1 IS (1)
192-200: 3 IS (28)

FINAL RESULT (skills not maxed bolded):

Max Arrow Blow
Max Archer Mastery
Max Critical Shot
11 Double Shot

Max Crossbow Mastery
Max Crossbow Booster
Max Soul Arrow
Max Iron Arrow
Max Physical Training
Max Double Jump
Max Final Attack
11 Golden Eagle

Max Strafe
Max Arrow Eruption
Max Puppet
Max Blizzard
Max Evasion Boost
Max Frostprey
Max Concentrate
16 Dragon's Breath
10 Mortal Blow

Max Ultimate Strafe
Max Piercing Arrow
Max Sharp Eyes
Max Marksmanship
Max Marksman Boost
Max Spirit Link: Frostprey
Max Elite Puppet
Max Snipe
29 Maple Warrior
28 Illusion Step
1 Hero's Will

With places like Lionheart Castle and Stronghold to take at, grinding with parties is nowadays the pretty much undisputed fastest way to level. This build is not for you if you boss a lot, or at least enough that you get most of your experience/money from it. I will be making a bossing build for those of you that prefer bossing over grinding (technically I prefer bossing too, but I find it too slow to be a viable training method). I personally didn't start doing many boss runs until 15x or later, other than Zakum, but that was pre-ascension so I maxed Snipe much earlier.
Reasons for this build
1. All of the first skills are good at 1 point. Elite Puppet's major downside at early levels is that it hinders your ability to fight Bodyguard A, but until he is fixed and is able to attack again it doesn't matter. Since this build focuses on LHC and Stronghold, Elite Puppet will help you a lot. Marksmanship as a one point wonder is also arguable, but personally I find the 7% ignore nice (somewhere around a 2% overall damage increase on LHC monsters) and if you party with a paladin (which I wouldn't get used to) it gets even better.
2. Ultimate Strafe is maxed first since it is quite quick to max and it is a major 1v1 boost, which helps at LHC (somewhat) or zakum. It also gives you time to pick up Pierce books ahead of time if you haven't done that already.
3. Piercing Arrow is crucial to get to at least 21 so it hits 6 enemies. I recommend maxing it right away because it is a nice damage boost and also gives you time to pick up MMB books.
4. 10 Sharp Eyes is usually enough to appease party members and is also a good damage boost for 10 points.
5. Marksman Boost is a major damage increase for you, it is one of our best skills DPSwise.
6. Marksmanship's ignore is good at LHC and even better at bosses, too bad the accuracy is useless.
7. At this point in the build, you should be 15x, and it is a good idea to max SE over SL because the HP shouldn't be too important at LHC and SE is a better DPS boost to both you and your party then SL.
8. Spirit Link is next for 2 reasons. One, it is a large damage increase and is the best remaining skill for your damage. Two, if you follow this build you'll be going into Stronghold with max or almost max SL, which is vital for survival because those things hit like trucks.
9. Snipe, one of our most well known skills, is sadly minor enough in training to ignore until later. You will lack in 1v1 DPS until you max this, but all things considered 1v1 isn't that important unless you boss (see italics above).
9a. I recommend getting Hero's Will now because it is only useful at major bosses (Czak, HT, etc) and you won't be ready to do those bosses until you get Snipe. Once you max Snipe you're about as ready for bossing as you'll ever be, so it helps to get it at this point in time.
10. At this point, since you should be at Stronghold and be training with all high leveled people, there will probably be someone with high level Maple Warrior in every party so I recommend maxing Elite Puppet first since it can tank more and absorb more of your damage.
11. Maple Warrior is undeniably more important that Illusion Step, but if you can't afford the books just get IS to 28 first. I kid you not, you could pass both MW books first try and fail 3 of every other book before passing them and the costs of the MW books will be greater than all the others combined.
12. Illusion Step is a minor damage increase and a decent avoid boost, it supposedly works like Shadow Shifter but some say the animation is glitched. It is supposed to do a special smiling animation when you get missed through it but it doesn't. Since I know the IS misses don't activate Evasion Boost's criticals, I might do some testing sometime to see exactly how often my Misses are caused by IS.

Bossing Build
DISCLAIMER: This build will make it hard to level. You'll be a very inefficient grinder and most bosses have daily limits, so this build should only be used if you don't mind slow levels, even early on.

1 US
1 Pierce
1 MMB
1 SL
1 Snipe
1 MMS
(1 EP Optional: If you either don't plan on fighting Bodyguards (they're really good exp, I recommend them) or are confident you can get to 165ish before they get fixed and are able to attack again, then get this. Otherwise, I would not recommend this as it it not vital to other bosses and seriously screws you up at Bodyguards.)
Max US
Max MMS
Max MMB
Max Snipe
1 Hero's Will: at this point you will be mid 140s so you might be doing Czak runs, which is the first boss that Hero's Will helps at, so I'd recommend putting the point in here, but just put this point in whenever you need it.
Max SL
Max SE
Max Pierce
Max EP
29 MW
28 IS

Reasons
1. 1 in the same skills from before, even Pierce, since I assume you might do SOMETHING other than bossing at some point between 120 and 170
2. Ultimate Strafe is the 1v1 bread and butter skill. 'Nuff said.
3. Marksman Boost and Marksmanship are both amazing damage boosters, but Marksmanship has a slight edge on high-defense bosses (that's the point of this build).
4. Snipe is a massive damage boost for bossing, but it still falls short of MMB/MMS unless you have godly weapon attack stat already, so max it afterward.
4a. See above.
5. Spirit Link is gotten here not so much for the damage (which is nice), but for the HP. It isn't maxed earlier because the HP isn't necessary at Pap, Bodyguards, Zak, or the likes, but at this point you might be going on runs where you need it.
6. By this point, you've probably hit your solo boss peak. You'll probably be doing runs and stuff with friends, so Sharp Eyes is a good damage boost for your party.
7. Piercing Arrow is well overdue, and I congratulate you if you've made it this far with mainly bossing. 170-200 will be hell without SOME grinding, however, so by this point the build evens out to the grinding build and Piercing Arrow is still much better than any of your other skills.
8. See the reasons in the Grinding Build for the rest of this.

Getting There...

Warnings :
Guild : Euphoria
Joined Guild : 2010~~~

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top